ACO CLUB with Theresa J Morris
We are expanding our clubs with various social media groups.
If you are an owner or moderator of a group on Facebook there is a need to know how to podcast.
ACO Club assists others in learning about Social Media and how to share your own interests, as well as, how to assist your friends.
We as individuals can build our own relationships with others while we learn to make life better for all of us in communications.
ACO CLUB is shared by American Communications Online. We share our education in entertainment.
When planning your podcast, consider what your content will be about, what the goals are for your podcast, how your podcast’s content, logos and branding will reinforce your objectives. Also, come up with basic website theme and colors.
- Decide on your content, format and goals
- Come up with logos, branding and website theme
The heart of every podcast is the media content. Whether you’re creating audio, video, electronic books (PDF/ePub), the content production will be your most time consuming and important task.
- Decide on a media format (audio, video, electronic book)
- Pick the tools and software necessary to create the media format selected
- Create a first episode, or introduction episode
Podcast distribution is the infrastructure that allows your media to be syndicated to your audience. The infrastructure includes a website (a WordPress site is recommended), media hosting (separated from your website) and syndication via RSS feeds.
WordPress is recommended for podcasting for a number of reasons. First, podcasting is nothing more than an extension of blogging. A blog post with media associated to it is a podcast episode. With WordPress being the most dominant and free blogging platform today, it makes perfect sense to use WordPress for your podcast website.
- Setup a website for your podcast
- Setup a hosting service for your podcast media
- Setup syndication for your podcast (such as PowerPress plugin for WordPress)
- Publish your first episode
If you are using WordPress with PowerPress, simply create a new blog post. Upload your media to your media hosting company, then enter the media URL into the PowerPress episode entry box in the edit post screen. If you’re using Blubrry media hosting services, this is as simple as clicking the Blubrry upload icon , uploading the media, then clicking “Publish”.
Measuring the success of your podcast is critical. There are three ways you can measure this success: via media download statistics, web statistics and audience surveys.
- Set up media download statistics (Blubrry Basic Statistics are free and easy to add to WordPress website using the PowerPress podcasting plugin)
- Set up Web statistics (Google Analytics is free and easy to add to a WordPress website)
- Set up an audience survey (Blubrry.com offers a free audience survey)
Promoting your podcast is the only way to get your podcast into the hands of the masses.
- Add your podcast to as many podcast directories as possible (iTunes, Blubrry Podcast Directory, etc.)
- Come up with a social media strategy (for example, use Google+, Twitter and Facebook)
- Attend conferences and trade shows that complement your content and genre
- Set up a mailing list / newsletter and regularly send news and information to your subscribers
- Consider using traditional marketing techniques such as Google Adwords